Siasconset Union Chapel, New Street, Siasconset, Nantucket, Nantucket County, MA
Significance: The Siasconset Union Chapel has served as the house of prayer for the village of Siasconset, Nantucket Island, since its completion in 1883. Originally constructed in a Gothic Revival style, it has lost portions of its exterior ornament but still retains its corner tower with pyramidal roof, pointed arched windows and high gabled roof. In 1887 a transept was added. In 1909 decorative sheets of pressed metal were installed over interior plaster walls and ceilings. Four buttresses were added on each side of the nave in 1942. Presently services area held only in the summer.
Survey number: HABS MA-1205