Single Brethren's House, 89 West Church Street, Bethlehem, Northampton County, PA
- Upscale 2x7680x5642
Significance: Built in 1748, the Single Brethren's House was the largest and most impressive structure to be erected in the Bethlehem Moravian Community since its establishment in 1741. This building is the second Single Brethren's House to be built by the Moravians in Bethlehem, the first having been erected in 1744. Constructed of native limestone, the building had brick segmental arched window and door openings [symmetrically arranged], a gambrel roof with small shed dormers and crowning balustrade, simple plan with chambered planking, a longitudinal central hall, ample interior stairways, and other distinctive features which emphasize its European origin.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-21
Survey number: HABS PA-1141