Southern Branch of the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, Building 13, Harris Avenue at its intersection of Black Avenue and Woodfin Street, Hampton, Hampton, VA
- Upscale 2x7680x5560
Significance: This building was erected as a part of the improvement of facilities at the Home during a building campaign of the 1880's. The growing member population at the Home prompted the expansion of the facility during this period to accommodate the increase among its resident population. Constructed in 1889, it is the building that retained the longest original use at the Home, ceasing function in 1997.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1204
Survey number: HABS VA-1210-E
Building/structure dates: 1889 Initial Construction