Southern Branch of the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, Building 69, Harris Avenue, Hampton, Hampton, VA
Significance: This building was erected after the completion of a facility master plan by John Calvin Stevens in 1906. Stevens received the contract for the completion of the master plan the subsequent contract to design buildings at the facility in an open patch of land that served as a garden at the northwest end of the facility. Increased need for residential facilities and dining facilities prompted this building's construction for the growing member population during the early 20th century. Constructed in 1908, it served as a barracks for members through 1997.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1207
Survey number: HABS VA-1210-H
Building/structure dates: 1908 Initial Construction