Southern Pacific Railroad Depot, Hearne, Robertson County, TX
Significance: The Hearne Railroad Depot was constructed in 1901 as a joint project of the Houston and Texas Central and the International and Great Northern Railroads. The Building is a single story frame structure on a concrete base. The two decorative towers, the "stick style" design, size and interior details all reflect the importance of this junction and of passenger traffic at this period. The building was designed with its two long walls parallel to the tracks, and an interlock signaling room facing north at the apex of the plan. There was a baggage room and a ticket office that served separate waiting rooms for black and white passengers. The building no longer serves passenger traffic but us used for communications and signaling operations by the Southern Pacific Railroad.
Survey number: HABS TX-269