Temelec Hall, 20750 Arnold Avenue, Sonoma, Sonoma County, CA
- Upscale 2x5478x7680
Significance: Built in 1858. Its builder and first owner, "Captain" Granville P. Swift, can west with the Kelsey Party in 1843; and was a member of the Bear Flag Party that seized Sonoma and proclaimed California a Republic. The second owner was William Kissane, a fugitive from justice in the east, who had established himself in respectability in Sonoma as "Colonel" W.K. Rogers, and acquired property in 1863. The large two-story house is a superb example of modified Classical Revival, constructed of cut stone and field stone; it is an exceptional example, with its outbuildings, of an elaborate establishment for the place and period.
Survey number: HABS CA-1563
Building/structure dates: 1858 Initial Construction