Thomas Robinson House, 64 Washington Street, Newport, Newport County, RI
Significance: This broad, gambrel-roofed house is one of the best examples of Newport's merchant residences of the 18th century . Due to continuous family ownership since 1761, the interior and exterior retain their authentic character. An alteration by Charles F. McKim in 1874-1875, converted the large kitchen into a sitting room, a complete expression of the American Free Classic style.
Survey number: HABS RI-280
Building/structure dates: 17t1 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1875 Subsequent Work