Town of Salina, Salina, Westmoreland County, PA
- Upscale 2x7680x6180
Significance: The Salina brickyard was built in 1874 by the Kier family making it one of the oldest refractory brickyards in Pennsylvania. In 1928 the company made improvements to the Salina Plant, building two continuous tunnel kilns to replace it periodic beehive kilns. It was the first plant in the refractories industry to use this new technology.
Survey number: HABS PA-5978
Building/structure dates: 1874 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1900 Subsequent Work