University of Virginia, Pavilion VII, West Lawn, University of Virginia Campus, Charlottesville, Charlottesville, VA
Significance: Pavilion VII, one of ten Pavillions on "The Lawn" at the University of Virginia, was designed by Thomas Jefferson. This building is of further importance since is contains the cornerstone of the University, which was laid on October 6, 1917. In the subsequent years there have been two major additions to Pavilion VII. Construction of the first addition commenced in 1857, nearly doubling the size of the original structure. In 1913 the second addition was begun, transforming the then rectangular plan into the current T" shaped plan.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-263
Survey number: HABS VA-193-F
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 70000865