U.S. Naval Air Station, Aircraft Repair Shop, Pensacola, Escambia County, FL
Significance: Building 104, Seaplane Erecting Shop, a tall open building with ventilating "butterfly" monitor roof, was built in 1918, and located on the old Navy Yard attached to Building 44, previously converted to a seaplane erecting shop. Although of no architectural significance, it was the first building constructed for use as a seaplane erecting shop. Building 104 was originally used as an airplane erecting shop, and in 1921 was changed to a "flying boat shop."
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1011
Survey number: HABS FL-250
Building/structure dates: 1918 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1927 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1941 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 76000595