U.S. Naval Air Station, Assembly Hall, Radford Boulevard, Pensacola, Escambia County, FL
Significance: Building No. 1750 is a contributing building in the proposed Fort Barrancas Cantonment Historic District which has been determined eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places. Building No. 1750 was constructed in 1929 during improvements to the Fort Barrancas cantonment. The building was designed to serve as an Assembly Hall for officers and enlisted personnel. It was built with a raised stage and housed activities such as dances, club meetings, indoor games and other recreational activities. It continued to be used a recreational facility into the 1960s and for a period housed a local chapter of the Boy Scouts. During the mid-1970s the building was remodeled to serve as a storage facility for the NAS Pensacola Maintenance Department. Although altered, the building retains its overall form and is included as a contributing building within the proposed Fort Barrancas Cantonment Historic District.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1058
Survey number: HABS FL-404
Building/structure dates: 1929 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1998 Demolished
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 76000595