U.S. Naval Air Station, Seaplane Hangar, 521 South Avenue, Pensacola, Escambia County, FL
Significance: Building No. 74, a seaplane hangar, was the last of the six steel-frame hangars completed between 1916 and 1918 to replace the temporary canvas seaplane hangars that once occupied Naval Air Station Pensacola's beach...Building No. 74 is located within the Pensacola Naval Air Station Historic District, which was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1976. In 2004, Building No. 74 was damaged by Hurricane Ivan and is used in a reduced capacity by MWR.
Survey number: HABS FL-513
Building/structure dates: 1918 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1947 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1979 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1992 Subsequent Work