U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Seaplane Ramps - World War II Type, Southwest and west shore of Ford Island, near Wasp Boulevard, Pearl City, Honolulu County, HI
Significance: They are associated with the expansion of Naval Air Station facilities on Ford Island during WWII. They reflect the Navy's continuing use of seaplanes during this war. The concrete parking area adjacent to the ramps show evidence of the December 7, 1941 attack, which targeted the planes there; strafing marks remain in the concrete. These facilities are contributing properties to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark.
Survey number: HAER HI-59
Building/structure dates: after. 1940- before. 1944 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000940