U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Storehouse for Defense Battalion Type, Between Port Royal Street & Fuller Way, Pearl City, Honolulu County, HI
Significance: The storehouse at the Marine Barracks, Pearl Harbor were constructed in the 1940s as part of the pre-war and WWII expansion of the oldest Marine garrison in Hawaii. They are associated with the Marine Defense Battalions, an important branch of the Marine Corps during WWII. Facilities 226, 283, 284, and 292 are the four remaining of the five storehouses constructed here during WWII. The history of this storehouse type is also part of the overall history of supplying the naval base. These storehouses, as part of the WWII Marine history and supply history of the base, contribute to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark.
Survey number: HABS HI-406
Building/structure dates: after. 1940- before. 1950 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000940