View of ditch, which had been used as a rifle-pit at the Battle of Antietam
Photograph shows the ditch, called "Bloody Lane," where the bodies of dead Confederate soldiers lay awaiting burial on September 19, 1862.
Brady's Album Gallery, no. 565.
Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1862, by Alexander Gardner, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the District of Columbia.
Title from item.
Digitized, 2014. Funding from The Center for Civil War Photography.
Original glass negative may be available: LC-B815-565 (half stereo)