Vigilant Firehouse, 1066 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
- Upscale 2x2048x1608
Significance: One of the eldest firehouses standing in the District of Columbia. Started as a private fire company in 1817, the Vigilants built this structure on 10 August 1844 as the second firehouse on the site.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-23
Survey number: HABS DC-98
Building/structure dates: 1844 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1883 Subsequent Work