Zinda Saloon, 844 Main Street, Stevens Point, Portage County, WI
Significance: This building delineates the northern boundary of the historically significant Public Square west of Second Street in the City of Stevens Point. Although this building was not considered significant on its own merits, it was by virtue of its location on the Public Square. The Zinda Saloon building was constructed between 1912 and 1915 by August Zinda for his business. The saloon was in the west half of the building and Edward Razner's Men's Furnishings was in the eastern half. Over the years, numerous commercial activities used the eastern half of the building, although saloons and taverns under various operators have always occupied the western half except during Prohibition. None of the several store owners and saloon operators are considered significant to the history of the City or the region. The architecture of the building is common to late nineteenth and early twentieth century commercial design and is not considered architecturally significant by NRHP standards.
Survey number: HABS WI-295