Library Of Congress
Library Of CongressPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by the Library of Congress
Topic

chris madrid

770 media by topicpage 1 of 8
Hunt Tower, Fifth & Allegheny Streets, Huntingdon, Huntingdon County, PA

Hunt Tower, Fifth & Allegheny Streets, Huntingdon, Huntingdon County, ...

Significance: After a flood in 1889 destroyed the partially abandoned Juniata Division of the canal, the railroads relocated the tracks to the canal right-of-way in congested areas. This relocation of the trac... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 72, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 72, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, fronting on Thayer Street, was completed on February 24, 1905, at a cost of $3,945.35, and was built in accordance with plan 39G in the Quartermaster General's office. It was buil... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 70, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 70, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This Classical Revival style structure, raised according to standardized plan 139 of the Quartermaster General's office, and essentially the same as Building No. 68, was finished on February 24, 1... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 69, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 69, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This one-story classical revival style structure fronted on Thayer Street and stood between the fronts of Buildings Nos. 68 and 70. Completed on February 24, 1905, at a cost of $3,945, its walls ... More

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Tile Elevator, Southeast Main Street between Southeast Third & Fifth Avenues, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Tile Elevator, Southeast Main Street betwee...

Significance: The Pillsbury Tile Elevator is significant primarily in relationship to the Pillsbury Milling Complex. The Pillsbury "A" Mill was constructed in 1881 and was one of the first United States Mils t... More

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Wheel House, 711-719 South First Street, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Wheel House, 711-719 South First Stre...

Significance: The Wheel House is a part of the larger Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, one of the last surviving milling complexes on the Mississippi River, which gave rise to Minneapolis' title of flour millin... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Laundry Building, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Laundry Building, 5101 Minnehaha Aven...

Significance: Building No. 13, built in 1911 stands next to the site of the first laundry, built in 1890. It is part of a complex which once was nearly self-sustaining, containing a bakery, tailor, shore repai... More

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Cleaning House, 315-335 Main Street, Southeast, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Cleaning House, 315-335 Main Street, Southe...

Significance: The Cleaning House is associated with the expansion of the Pillsbury "A" Mill in 1916, when the South "A" Mill was also constructed. Cleaning machinery was moved from the Pillsbury "A" Mill to th... More

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Concrete Elevators, Second Street, Southeast between Southeast Third & Fifth Avenues, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Concrete Elevators, Second Street, Southeas...

Significance: The Concrete Elevators are part of the larger Pillsbury Milling Complex. They are situated in the heart of the East Side milling district and serve the Pillsbury "A" Mill and South "A" Mill. The... More

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Warehouse No. 2, 129 Fifth Avenue, Southeast, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Warehouse No. 2, 129 Fifth Avenue, Southeas...

Significance: The Warehouse No. 2 is the last warehouse of this vintage and general character left on the original Pillsbury Flour Milling Complex site. Survey number: HABS MN-29-5-H Building/structure dates:... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Storage Building, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Storage Building, 5101 Minnehaha Aven...

Significance: The Storage Building, once called the Carpenter's Shop, is one of a collection of buildings which helped define the Minnesota Soldiers' Home as self-sustaining. This building, built in 1921, alon... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Ten Stall Garage, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Ten Stall Garage, 5101 Minnehaha Aven...

Significance: The Ten-stall Garage was originally built for car storage in 1925, but presently it is being used by the Minneapolis Park Police to store their motorcycles. It is a rectangular structure with ten... More

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Feed Elevator, 715 South First Street, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Feed Elevator, 715 South First Street...

Significance: The Feed Elevator is a part of the larger Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex. Situated on the west side of the Mississippi River near the historic St. Anthony Falls. The Washburn-Crosby Milling Com... More

Huntingdon Furnace, Store, 2 miles northwest of Colerain Mansion, Franklinville, Huntingdon County, PA

Huntingdon Furnace, Store, 2 miles northwest of Colerain Mansion, Fran...

Survey number: HAER PA-243-D Building/structure dates: ca. 1930- before. 1940 Subsequent Work

Pillsbury Milling Complex, South "A" Mill, 335 Main Street, Southeast, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, South "A" Mill, 335 Main Street, Southeast,...

Significance: The Pillsbury Milling Complex is a vital part of Minneapolis History. The Pillsbury Mills were founded on the waterfalls of St. Anthony, Minnesota in 1869. By 1905, the City of Minneapolis was t... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary,No. 4, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary,No. 4, 5101 Minnehaha Ave...

Significance: The Domiciliary Building No. Four was erected for the Minnesota Soldiers' Home to provide shelter for American veterans. The Minnesota Soldiers' Home was established in 1887 by the Minnesota Legi... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary No. 1, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary No. 1, 5101 Minnehaha Ave...

Significance: Building Number One is the first of five original cottages built for the Minnesota Soldiers' Home by W.B. Dunnell in 1888. It was used for nearly 10 years as the Headquarters and also as the resi... More

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, East Engine House, South First Street between Portland & Eighth Avenue, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, East Engine House, South First Street...

Significance: The Engine House is one building of the Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, one of the last surviving milling complexes on the Mississippi River, which gave rise to Minneapolis' title of "Flour Milli... More

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Main & Second Streets, Southeast between Third & Fifth Streets, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Main & Second Streets, Southeast between Th...

Significance: Containing some of the most imposing structures on Main Street, the Pillsbury Milling Complex, still operative, symbolizes the role of Minneapolis as a major U.S. Flour Milling Center from 1880-19... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary No. 2, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary No. 2, 5101 Minnehaha Ave...

Significance: Domiciliary Number Two is the second of five original cottages built for the Minnesota Soldiers' Home by W.B. Dunnell in 1888. It was used as the hospital as well as a residence for members when ... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Paint Shop & Garage, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Paint Shop & Garage, 5101 Minnehaha A...

Significance: The Paint Shop and Garage was used by the maintenance department according to the information gathered, but now the place is more or less used for the storage of paints, equipment and partially as... More

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Wheat House, 708 South Second Street, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, Wheat House, 708 South Second Street,...

Significance: An integral part of the Washburn-Crosby Milling Complex, the Wheat House, built by William de la Barre, was originally designed "to clean all the wheat ground in the "A" Mill." The Wheat House wa... More

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Bran House, 116 Southeast Third Avenue, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Pillsbury Milling Complex, Bran House, 116 Southeast Third Avenue, Min...

Significance: The Bran House is a part of the Pillsbury Milling Complex. Bran, pancake mix, cereal and later other similar products were produced and bagged for shipment in this building. Survey number: HABS ... More

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary No. 9, 5101 Minnehaha Avenue, South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN

Minnesota Veterans Home Complex, Domiciliary No. 9, 5101 Minnehaha Ave...

Significance: The Domiciliary Building No. 9 originally constructed as the Veterans' Homes main hospital facility in 1936, is one of 17 remaining structures built on a plot of land between the Mississippi Rive... More

Raystown Covered Bridge, Township Route 418 spanning Raystown Branch of Juniata River, Manns Choice, Bedford County, PA

Raystown Covered Bridge, Township Route 418 spanning Raystown Branch o...

Significance: This slightly altered late-nineteenth century covered bridge is an excellent example of this kind of bridge construction in Bedford County. A number of other Burr arch covered bridges were built ... More

Merritt Parkway, Morehouse Highway Bridge, Spanning Merritt Parkway, Fairfield, Fairfield County, CT

Merritt Parkway, Morehouse Highway Bridge, Spanning Merritt Parkway, F...

Significance: The bridges of the Merritt Parkway were predominately inspired by the Art Deco and Art Moderne architectural styles of the 1930s. Experimental forming techniques were employed to create the orname... More

Jackson's Mill Covered Bridge, Spanning Brush Creek on Township Route 412, Breezewood, Bedford County, PA

Jackson's Mill Covered Bridge, Spanning Brush Creek on Township Route ...

Significance: Jackson's Mill Covered Bridge employs typical Burr truss arch construction, a wood roof, and wood siding. It was substantially rebuilt in 1992. Survey number: HAER PA-352 Building/structure dat... More

Felten's Mill Covered Bridge, Spanning Brush Creek at junction of Township Route 386 & State Route 2029, Breezewood, Bedford County, PA

Felten's Mill Covered Bridge, Spanning Brush Creek at junction of Town...

Significance: This is one of several surviving nineteenth century covered bridges in Bedford County. The wooden Burr truss arch construction is typical of such spans. Survey number: HAER PA-350 Building/stru... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 75, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 75, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure fronted on Thayer Street and was completed on November 15, 1904, costing $2,603.96. Built in a Classical Revival style according to the Quartermaster General's plan 39C, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 75, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 75, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure fronted on Thayer Street and was completed on November 15, 1904, costing $2,603.96. Built in a Classical Revival style according to the Quartermaster General's plan 39C, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk C...

Significance: This stable barn adhered to standardized building plan 37G in the office of the Quartermaster General. Completed on October 29, 1903, after an expenditure of $7,754.10, the building had red brick... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk C...

Significance: This stable barn adhered to standardized building plan 37G in the office of the Quartermaster General. Completed on October 29, 1903, after an expenditure of $7,754.10, the building had red brick... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk C...

Significance: This stable barn adhered to standardized building plan 37G in the office of the Quartermaster General. Completed on October 29, 1903, after an expenditure of $7,754.10, the building had red brick... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 123, Des Moines, Polk C...

Significance: This stable barn adhered to standardized building plan 37G in the office of the Quartermaster General. Completed on October 29, 1903, after an expenditure of $7,754.10, the building had red brick... More

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Significance: Alters Tavern or Halfway House is a log building dating to the 1830s when this region of Westmoreland and Indiana counties was experiencing growth made possible by the Northern Turnpike and the ne... More

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Significance: Alters Tavern or Halfway House is a log building dating to the 1830s when this region of Westmoreland and Indiana counties was experiencing growth made possible by the Northern Turnpike and the ne... More

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Significance: Alters Tavern or Halfway House is a log building dating to the 1830s when this region of Westmoreland and Indiana counties was experiencing growth made possible by the Northern Turnpike and the ne... More

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Alter's Halfway House, New Alexandria, Westmoreland County, PA

Significance: Alters Tavern or Halfway House is a log building dating to the 1830s when this region of Westmoreland and Indiana counties was experiencing growth made possible by the Northern Turnpike and the ne... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Riverside, Riverside, Riverside County, CA

Union Pacific Railroad Bridge, Spanning Santa Anna River, west of Rive...

Significance: The Union Pacific Railroad Bridge was part of an overall plan initiated by Senator William Andrews Clark to connect the rail centers of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, thereby creating a route of ... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building Nos. 55-56, Des Moines, Pol...

Significance: Located on the south side of the parade ground, near the southeast corner, this two-story structure of Classical Revival style was completed on September 29, 1903, costing $59,806.94. Of brick jo... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near intersection of Route 859, Uniontown, Fayette County, PA

Thomas Gaddis House, 300 yards east of old U.S. Route 119 near interse...

Significance: Fort Gaddis is the oldest known building in Fayette County and the second oldest log building in western Pennsylvania. It was built ca. 1769-74 by Thomas Gaddis who was in charge of the defense of... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA

Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, West end of Shirley Street, Moun...

Significance: The Mount Union plant was the first works in the United States constructed exclusively for the manufacture of silica brick. Harbison and Waker, of Pittsburgh, was one of the largest refractory ma... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk County, IA

Fort Des Moines Historic Complex, Building No. 46, Des Moines, Polk Co...

Significance: This structure, completed on November 17, 1904, at a cost of $35,456.87, is one of the oldest surviving buildings at Fort Des Moines. Originally erected to house ten bachelor officers, the struct... More

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Furnace Road Bridge, Altoona, Blair County, PA

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Fur...

Significance: The Roundhouse was previously one of the largest classification yards in the region. Although the Roundhouse itself was demolished, the turntable remains in place. Survey number: HAER PA-228-A ... More

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Furnace Road Bridge, Altoona, Blair County, PA

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Fur...

Significance: The Roundhouse was previously one of the largest classification yards in the region. Although the Roundhouse itself was demolished, the turntable remains in place. Survey number: HAER PA-228-A ... More

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Furnace Road Bridge, Altoona, Blair County, PA

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Fur...

Significance: The Roundhouse was previously one of the largest classification yards in the region. Although the Roundhouse itself was demolished, the turntable remains in place. Survey number: HAER PA-228-A ... More

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Furnace Road Bridge, Altoona, Blair County, PA

East Altoona Freight Locomotive Terminal, Roundhouse, Northeast of Fur...

Significance: The Roundhouse was previously one of the largest classification yards in the region. Although the Roundhouse itself was demolished, the turntable remains in place. Survey number: HAER PA-228-A ... More

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Significance: The grain elevators of Buffalo comprise the most outstanding collection of extant grain elevators in the United States, and collectively represent the variety of construction materials, building f... More

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Significance: The grain elevators of Buffalo comprise the most outstanding collection of extant grain elevators in the United States, and collectively represent the variety of construction materials, building f... More

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Significance: The grain elevators of Buffalo comprise the most outstanding collection of extant grain elevators in the United States, and collectively represent the variety of construction materials, building f... More

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Spencer Kellogg Elevator, 389 Ganson Street, Buffalo, Erie County, NY

Significance: The grain elevators of Buffalo comprise the most outstanding collection of extant grain elevators in the United States, and collectively represent the variety of construction materials, building f... More

Simmonds Building, 2041 North Fifteenth Street, Arlington, Arlington County, VA

Simmonds Building, 2041 North Fifteenth Street, Arlington, Arlington C...

Significance: The Simmonds Building is one of a group of small, one- and two-story commercial buildings erected in the blocks surrounding the series of Arlington County courthouses during the first half of the ... More

Simmonds Building, 2041 North Fifteenth Street, Arlington, Arlington County, VA

Simmonds Building, 2041 North Fifteenth Street, Arlington, Arlington C...

Significance: The Simmonds Building is one of a group of small, one- and two-story commercial buildings erected in the blocks surrounding the series of Arlington County courthouses during the first half of the ... More