Classical Revival style building built in 1925, 14th and G St., NW, Washington, D.C.
Formerly the National Bank of Washington which was the oldest bank in Washington, D.C. It closed around 1999 when it was taken over by the FDIC. It was designed by Alfred C. Bossom and Jules-Henri de Sibour. Plans are in place in the year 2010 for this building to eventually become a museum devoted to the Armenian genocide.
Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
The Armenian Genocide Museum project is no longer associated with the National Bank of Washington building.
Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of District of Columbia Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
Gift; George F. Landegger; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:176).
Forms part of the George F. Landegger Collection of District of Columbia Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.