First Presbyterian Church, West Innis & Jackson Streets, Salisbury, Rowan County, NC
Significance: The church was organized on August 4, 1821, with 13 members. The corner stone of the original church was laid in 1826. This original structure was built in the Classic Revival style with 4 wooden Corinthian capitals as its portico. Around 1890, the need arose for a new edifice. Dr. Jethro Rumple, then minister, gathered a building committee and subscriptions of $7,000 to build a new church...
Survey number: HABS NC-218
Building/structure dates: 1891-1892 Initial Construction