Alcoa-New Kensington Works, Ninth Street to Sixteenth Street, adjacent to Allegheny River, New Kensington, Westmoreland County, PA
Significance: The former Aluminum Company of America's (Alcoa) New Kensington Works was established in 1891 by Charles M. Hall's Pittsburgh Reduction Company, and it was this concern's first major alumninm-producing plant outside of Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh Reduction Company, reorganized and renamed Alcoa in 1907, was the nation's first major producer of aluminum and aluminum products.
Survey number: HAER PA-337
Building/structure dates: 1891 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1900 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1971 Subsequent Work