Alcorn State University, Literary Society Building, Alcorn State University Campus, Alcorn, Claiborne County, MS
Significance: The last remaining lyceum on the campus, the building was originally occupied by Oakland College, the first collegiate institution in Mississippi. Its successor, Alcorn State University, was the first landgrant college for Blacks in the Nation, established in 1878.
Survey number: HABS MS-201
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 82003098