Captain Pierce House, Boston Avenue, Altamonte Springs, Seminole County, FL
Significance: The building was prefabricated in the 1870's in New England, carefully dismantled and stored aboard a ship. It reached Sanford, Florida by barge via the St. John's River, and was transferred by mule cart to its old location on Boston Ave., where it was then bolted together. The house was originally used as a cabinet shop. In May, 1973, the house was moved along with the Bradlee McIntyre house to their present sites in Longwood, Florida.
Survey number: HABS FL-274
Building/structure dates: after 1870 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1973