Fort McPherson, World War II Station Hospital, G. U. Treatment Unit Lavatory, Thorne & Hood Avenues, Atlanta, Fulton County, GA
Significance: Building 13 was one of two lavatories built for the G.U. Treatment Unit and signifies the expansion of the Fort McPherson Station Hospital during World War II and the role of T.O. 700-series construction in mobilization. The Unit was built in 1942 to treat men with genitourinary ailments. There were two lavatories contained within the complex; Building 113 was the smaller of the two.
Survey number: HABS GA-2282-E
Building/structure dates: 1942 Initial Construction