Governors Island, Building No. 2, New York Harbor, Nolan Park near Barry & Andes Roads, New York, New York County, NY
Significance: Throughout its history, this building has been a key structure on the Governors Island military post. It was probably constructed as the post's main guard house and was later used as quarters for the post's Commanding Officer, as quarters for the post's Commanding Officer, as offices, and finally as officer's quarters. It is not the home of the base Commander. Built in the years prior to the War of 1812, it is also one of the oldest structures on the Island. Although altered considerably, it still contributes to the overall small scale residential character of the Nolan Park area.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-365
Survey number: HABS NY-5715-4
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 85002435