Grace Keiser Maring Library, 1808 South Madison Street, Muncie, Delaware County, IN
2007 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: The Library holds its significance through its role in the development of Muncie Public Library system. In 1930, it was constructed as the first branch library in Muncie. Since the buildings dedication, it served the residence of the south side of Muncie as an educational resource and a social/civic meeting place. The small, but architecturally stylistic structure, is an excellent example of Georgian Revival civil building in the city. The building was designed by Houck and Smenner, a respected local architecture firm. The overall appearance and integrity of the library has not been compromised over time...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1090
Survey number: HABS IN-303
Building/structure dates: 1930 Initial Construction