Kennedy Mansion, 1050 Port Kennedy Road, King of Prussia, Montgomery County, PA
Significance: When John Kennedy built his mansion in 1852, it was the focal point of Port Kennedy Village. A fine example of the Italian Villa style, it retains many of its exterior and interior features. The first floor rooms, large and well proportioned, still possess their elegant details and the door and window enframements, which narrow, reflect the Egyptian Revival style. The elaborate plaster ceiling decorations in the principal rooms are superb. They present the ultimate in craftsmanship in a now almost lost art...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-223
Survey number: HABS PA-1959