Libby Cabin, State Route 28, (moved from South Pass City vicinity), South Pass City, Fremont County, WY
Significance: This structure is typical of a nineteenth century frontier log cabin. This cabin, supposedly built c. 1869 is not mentioned in the records of Carter County Dakota Territory, nor Sweetwater County, Wyoming Territory. In the 1890's during a measles epidemic, the cabin was used for quarantines and became known as the "Pest House." John Starkovich purchased the cabin from Anna Tibbals in 1953 and made extensive repairs. In 1968 he moved the cabin to its present location near the Carissa Mine.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-41
Survey number: HABS WY-39
Building/structure dates: ca. 1869 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 70000670