Oregon State Forester's Office Complex, 2600 State Street, Salem, Marion, OR
Significance: The Oregon State Forester's Complex is significant within the state context as a good example of WPA-era complex planning and development. It is also significant for the high quality of workmanship on specific buildings and structures constructed by both WPA and CCC forces, and continues in its use as a central facility for the Oregon Department of Forestry. The complex, through its buildings and site features, evokes its association with the New Deal Era programs that were utilized during its construction. The CCC camp buildings, on the east side of Mill Creek, were completed by April of 1937 and the original Department of Forestry buildings on the west side of the creek were built between March and December of 1938. The complex encompasses over 11 acres and reflects both the original development patterns established in the 1930s and the subsequent development of the complex as an administrative headquarters.
Survey number: HABS OR-186
Building/structure dates: 1936 Initial Construction