Southern Branch of the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, Building 16, Harris Avenue at its intersection with Black Avenue and Woodfin Street, Hampton, Hampton, VA
Significance: This building was erected as a part of the improvement of facilities at the Home during a building campaign of the 1880's. The growing member population at the Home prompted the expansion of the facility during this period to accommodate the increase among its resident population. Constructed in 1887, it has changed functions over time, ceasing use in 1997.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1205
Survey number: HABS VA-1210-F
Building/structure dates: 1887 Initial Construction