Sullivan Machinery Company, Main Street between Pearl & Water Streets, Claremont, Sullivan County, NH
Significance: The complex of buildings was built between 1868-1927 by the Sullivan Machinery Company, manufacturers of mining and quarrying equipment. The firm had been founded in 1868 by J.P. Upham, Albert Ball, and Roger Love, to manufacture diamond drills (invented by Ball) and other quarrying machinery, water wheels, and mill fittings. The complex consists of five primary buildings; a Porge Ship, 3 Machine and Erecting Shops, and a Foundry Complex...
Survey number: HAER NH-4
Building/structure dates: 1927 Initial Construction