Watertown Arsenal, Building No. 313, Talcott Avenue, Watertown, Middlesex County, MA
Significance: Building No. 313 is one of the earliest buildings on the present AMTL property and was integral to the industrial development of the Watertown Arsenal in the late-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries. It was originally erected as a Carriage and Machine Shop for use in gun carriage production, a primary manufacturing activity at Watertown Arsenal. It also contained the central powerhouse for the three adjacent buildings to the west, south, and north (312, HAER No. MA-20-F; 37, HAER No. MA-20-D; and 43, HAER MA-20-C), with which it formed a tightly functioning gun carriage manufacturing complex by the end of the nineteenth century.
Survey number: HAER MA-20-G
Building/structure dates: 1941 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1968 Subsequent Work