Bay Mercantile Company, Store-Residence, County Route K, south of intersection with Fowler Road, Bay, Gasconade County, MO
Significance: The most prominent features of the small town of Bay are the store and barn of Bay Mercantile Company. Both buildings were built for Francis H. Peters in 1856-57 and are believed to be the work of an itinerant mason named Schneider. They are excellent examples of the masonry construction common in the German settlements of Gasconade County.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-96
Survey number: HABS MO-245
Building/structure dates: ca. 1856 Initial Construction