Borough House, Kitchen-Storehouse, State Route 261 & Garners Ferry Road, Stateburg, Sumter County, SC
Significance: The Kitchen-Storehouse, or Summer Kitchen, is a dependency of the Borough House plantation complex. Originally built of rammed earth in 1821, it is one of six dependencies (in addition to portions of the main house) to be built of this material. This complex is of potential national significance because of the number of early Greek Revival structures it contains which were built of this unusual material. The Borough House complex was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Stateburg Historic District in 1971 and as an individual site in 1972.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N227
Survey number: HABS SC-366
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 72001224