Library Of Congress
Library Of CongressPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by the Library of Congress
Brenham Presbyterian Church, 900 Jackson Street, Brenham, Washington County, TX

Brenham Presbyterian Church, 900 Jackson Street, Brenham, Washington County, TX

 
 
description

Summary

1995 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: The Brenham Presbyterian Church in Brenham, Texas is a religious facility constructed in three stages. Presently the church consists of a main sanctuary, an adjoining fellowship hall, and an educational administrative wing. The original structure, a simple single room building which now serves as the fellowship hall, was built in 1874 and dedicated as the main German Methodist Episcopal Church, a part of the Southern German Conference. Erected under the charge of Reverend Carl Urbantke, it housed the first German Methodist congregation in Brenham for want of an ordained German minister...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N206
Survey number: HABS TX-3414
Building/structure dates: 1874 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1913 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1981 Subsequent Work

date_range

Date

1933 - 1970
person

Contributors

Historic American Buildings Survey, creator
Buchanan, Paul A
Plentl, Janna M
Torres, Carlos
Webb, Barrett
Wood-Haslam, Alice
Moore, Barry, faculty sponsor
University of Houston, College of Architecture, sponsor
place

Location

create

Source

Library of Congress
copyright

Copyright info

No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html