Edgewood Farm, West side of State Route 600, .8 mile north of State Route 778, Clover, Halifax County, VA
Significance: Edgewood Farm is an important local example of the agrarian architectural environment of Virginia's "southside" region. It is historically associated with the Black Walnut Plantation established by members of the Sims family and was, in fact, created out of a part of that plantation for William B. Sims in the 1880s. In addition to a large frame farmhouse with Victorian detailing, the farm contains a significant complement of tenant houses, flue-cure tobacco barns and shed constructed in the manner of the region's vernacular traditions in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Survey number: HABS VA-1290