Governors Island, Second Corps Area Headquarters, New York Harbor near Andes Road, New York, New York County, NY
- Upscale 2x6136x7680
Significance: This building was built as Headquarters and administration building for the Second Corps Area headquartered at Governors Island under the command of Major General Dennis E. Nolan. After its construction, it served as Headquarters for the First Army, headquartered there between 1933 and 1943 and again from 1946 to 1966. The First Army served with distinction in both World Wars.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-365, FN-368
Survey number: HABS NY-5715-10
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 85002435