John M. Bracken Hotel, 100-104 Anderson Street, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA
Written data & photo caption pages include sketches.
Significance: The Bracken Hotel, built in 1892, is one of the last remnants in this part of what was once the City of Allegheny, annexed to Pittsburgh in 1907. The Hotel, built near the Pittsburgh and Western Freight and Passenger Stations, was apparently intended to serve the railroad industry, which became the mainstay of commerce in Allegheny in the 1880s and 1890s following the decline of the cotton textile industry.
Survey number: HABS PA-5443
Building/structure dates: 1892 Initial Construction