Lakeview Pumping Station, Clarendon & Montrose Avenues, Chicago, Cook County, IL
Significance: The station supplied a large portion of Chicago's water needs throughout the first half of the 20th century. Equipment at the site included 3 Nordberg pumping engines and a Bethlehem Steel Co. pumping engine, all with a capacity of 25 million gallons per day.
Survey number: HAER IL-4
Building/structure dates: 1915 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1979 Demolished