Library Of Congress
Library Of CongressPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by the Library of Congress
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade
Mispillion Lighthouse, South bank of Mispillion River at its confluence with Delaware River at northeast end of County Road 203, 7 miles east of Milford, Milford, Sussex County, DE

Mispillion Lighthouse, South bank of Mispillion River at its confluence with Delaware River at northeast end of County Road 203, 7 miles east of Milford, Milford, Sussex County, DE

  • save_altThumbnail200x200
  • save_altSmall640x514
  • save_altMedium1024x822
  • save_altLarge1600x1284
  • save_altOriginal3840x3082
description

Summary

Significance: Mispillion Lighthouse is the sole surviving wood-frame lighthouse in Delaware and is one of only three Delaware Bay lighthouses still standing on Delaware soil.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N742
Survey number: HAER DE-23
Building/structure dates: 1873 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1875 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 86002919

person

Contributors

Historic American Engineering Record, creator
Milley, transmitter
Grendell & Paul, photographer
Paul, Michael Johannes, historian
place

Location

create

Source

Library of Congress
copyright

Copyright info

No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html

Exploremispillion lighthouse

Exploremichael johannes paul

Exploregrendell and paul