Stafford Plantation, Playhouse, Saint Marys, Camden County, GA
Significance: It is a small, one-room house, constructed ca. 1820 on the plantation of Robert Stafford, Jr., who was the largest landowner on Cumberland Island by the middle of the 19th century. The exterior walls of the playhouse were built of tabby construction, and originally stuccoed. Wood framing supports the roof, and a brick chimney is centrally located along the north wall. Wood paneling was installed and a closet inserted in the interior some time in the late 19th century...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N920
Survey number: HABS GA-2360-A
Building/structure dates: ca. 1820 Initial Construction