Tire Company, South side of State Route 53 between Frances Street/State Route 124, Braselton, Jackson County, GA
Significance: The Tire Company is a contributing historic resource in the Braselton National Register of Historic Places District and represents the automobile-oriented commercial significance of the district. It is part of a second group of historic commercial resources located at the southwest corner of State Route 53 and State Route 124. Constructed in 1935, this building is associated with the increased use of the automobile during the historic period. Located at the center of commercial activity, the Tire Company served as a retail center for automobile-related goods and services for portions of three counties, including western Jackson, northwestern Barrow, and southeastern Hall counties. The Tire Company is also architecturally significant as an extant example of an early twentieth-century commercial garage. Character-defining features of the one-and-a-half-story building include its front gable roof, wood frame construction, and a large single-bay garage opening.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1762
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N2174
Survey number: HABS GA-2405
Building/structure dates: 1935 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: after 2009 Demolished
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 01000384