U.S. Naval Base, Pearl Harbor, Power House, Near Seventh Street, between Avenues D & E, Pearl City, Honolulu County, HI
Significance: It is a contributing element to the Pearl Harbor National Historic Landmark. Built in 1913, it is significant as one of the earliest structures of Pearl Harbor and as the original electrical power plant for the initial base. This power house used steam-powered generators to supply electricity to the shops of the initial naval shipyard, and continued to be used as an auxiliary power plant through the WWII period. The facility represents two significant periods of Navy history at Pearl Harbor; the initial build-up of the base, and the WWII years.
Survey number: HABS HI-446
Building/structure dates: 1913 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000940