William Hanna House, Township Route 359, approximately 2500 feet West of Water Street, Lock Haven, Clinton County, PA
Photo caption pages & written data include site & floor plans.
Significance: The late 19th century William Hanna House is significant for its association with the Hanna family and for its distinctive architecture. The Hanna family was the principal landowning family throughout the 19th century in Upper Lockport and Monseytown Flats areas of Woodward Township. John Hanna, an early settler, purchased 6,800 acres in 1801 and built the John Hanna House (HABS No. PA-5525). His descendants continued to occupy the land for approximately 150 years. The William Hanna House was built ca. 1880 by Hanna's grandson, William Hanna.
The William Hanna House is also significant for the wooden-panel rustication treatment on its exterior walls. This treatment simulated coursed ashlar walls and quoins, and created the appearance of a more substantial stone building...
Survey number: HABS PA-5526
Building/structure dates: ca. 1880 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: ca. 1950 Subsequent Work