Wright Tavern, 2 Lexington Road, Concord, Middlesex County, MA
Significance: Traditionally believed to have been built in 1747, this structure has two later additions to the north and west. Its first owner was Ephraim Jones, a captain in the militia, from whom Amos Wright took over the tavern in 1751 and ran it during its most notable associations: committees and members of the Provincial Congress, which met in 1774, were housed in the tavern; and on April 19th, 1775, it was occupied by both Minute Men and the British Expeditionary Force. It is currently owned by the First Parish Church of Concord.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-316
Survey number: HABS MA-553
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000793