Auditors Complex, Annex Building 2, Independence Avenue, Fifteenth Street Southwest, Fourteenth Street Southwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
Significance: Owned throughout its existence by Federal Government and designed by one of the four architects of Main Auditors Complex (original Bureau of Printing and Engraving), Annex 2 was built as a laundry for the cleaning of rag goods required for the high quality currency printing that took place in the Main auditors Building. By 1929, the building also was used to store printing equipment. by 1950, however, Annex 2 was used exclusively for GSA storage.
Survey number: HABS DC-524-B