Hacienda Azucarera La Concepcion, Sugar Mill Ruins, .3 Mi. W. of Junction of Rts. 418 & 111, Victoria, Agaudilla Municipio, PR
- Upscale 2x2048x1364
Significance: Hacienda La Concepcion was established on the old banks of the Culebrinas River by the family of Dona Eulalia Quinones. In 1868, her husband, Jose Nestor Cardona, installed the steam engine and mill which crushed and processed cane until 1892, after which date milling operations were transferred to central Coloso. The mill buildings at Hacienda La Concepcion have been destroyed. The machinery, however, survives in a good state of preservation, and includes a multitubular boiler, horizontal steam engine, gearing, and cane mill. Also on the site are found a condensor, defecating pans and evaporating kettles ranging from 5'-11" to 7'-6 1/2" in diameter. The mill is dated 1865 and bears the label of Mirrlees and Tait, Engineers. Glasgow.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-2
Survey number: HAER PR-2
Building/structure dates: 1865 Initial Construction