Harrington-Upham House, FM 2154 (Wellborn Road), Millican, Brazos County, TX
1988 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Honorable Mention
Significance: Part of an 1825 Mexican Land Grant to William Dever, Mary Ellis Millican deeded her quarter league to her husband, Benjamin Meadors, in 1862. Houston and Central Texas Railroad bought it in 1863, from whom Benjamin Franklin Harrington purchased 90 acres in 1892. In 1894 the tax value rose $300, the cost of a "common box house," suggesting 1893 as the date of the house in which Harrington and his wife Alice Crenshaw raised eight children...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-210
Survey number: HABS TX-3342
Building/structure dates: ca. 1893 Initial Construction