P. J. Heilman House, 401 East Cleveland Avenue, Guthrie, Logan County, OK
Significance: This picturesquely massed house of 1895, built of local red sandstone and brick, was a point of pride in many of the early promotional publications of Guthrie, pointed out as a stately home and the first brick residence ever constructed in the town. It is one of two residential buildings which can be documented as the work of the important Guthrie architect Jospeh Foucart and illustrates important aspects of his style. Built for a prominent territorial period businessman, the structure was the site of numerous gatherings of the local elite.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-16, FN-17
Survey number: HABS OK-15
Building/structure dates: 1894- 1895 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: before 1903 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: before 1908 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1948 Subsequent Work