Steel Arch Bridge, Hennepin Avenue spanning west channel of Mississippi River, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN
Significance: The Steel Arch bridge falls within the boundaries of the nationally registered St. Anthony Falls Historic District. The bridge was built in two longitudinal halves. The north half was constructed in 1888 by the Keystone Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. This half has three, three-hinged solid arch ribs in each of the two spans. The south half was constructed in 1890 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio. The south half has three, two-hinged solid arch ribs in each of the two spans. The steel arch rib bridge is the third bridge at the location.
Survey number: HAER MN-18
Building/structure dates: 1888- 1891 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1897 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1932 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1954 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 71000438